How could I use Cypress USB on Android system?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
qiko_3575871
Level 3
Level 3

Hello every. Could somebody give me some advice?

I have an android device and a Cypress device. I want to connect them. And transfer data between them. But I don't know how.

Do we have driver for Android? Or do we have any solution?

I can transfer data between Windows system and cypress device and transfer data between Linux system and Cypress Device.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Of course it is feasible. You could build driver based on libusb for Android.

https://github.com/libusb/libusb/tree/master/android

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Of course it is feasible. You could build driver based on libusb for Android.

https://github.com/libusb/libusb/tree/master/android

0 Likes

OK. Thank you. I will have a try.

I have read the README. I think it just describe how to build libusb for Android.

But how to use cypress on Android system? It doesn't say anything about Cypress. Could you tell me in detail? Or I just don't understand.

Thank you!

0 Likes

Libusb is the general library with which host applicaiton could communicate with hardware devcice. After building driver on Android, you could refer to the API document of Libusb to know how to communicate with USB device.

0 Likes

Ok, thank you!

But I don't know what is the relationship between Libusb and Cypress.

For example.

1. On Windows system, after installing Cypress driver, I get CyUSB.dll. And I must use it to communicate with USB device.

2. On Linux system, I should build Cypress driver and get libcyusb.so. And I must use libcyusb.so to communicate with USB device.

I want to know what should do to communicate with USB device on Android system. Should I get some corresponding Cypress lib or build some corresponding Cypress lib first as I do on Windows or Linux system.

I hope I make it clear.

0 Likes

Hi qingshui,

The Cypress libraies in Linux platform are the wrapper of libusb. For example, you could use API cyusb_open to open an USB device. After that, it will call libusb_open to open a device. You could do the same thing for Android.

0 Likes

OK. Thank you very much!

0 Likes