How P port and other ports works?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SaLa_1789541
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like given

Hello Everyone,

I want to know how p port works, i have studied the programmers manual given by cypress for fx3

but it is unclear how gpif is taking data and how p port is used. i am taking reference of UVC AN5779.

In this example they have used PIB socket 0 and PIB socket 1, what are they? what is their use?

I have also seen GPIF example in which they have used CY_FX_GPIF_PRODUCER_SOCKET

How this is different from PIB socket?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

A socket is a point of connection between a peripheral hardware block and the FX3 RAM. Each peripheral hardware block on FX3, such as USB, GPIF, UART, and SPI, has a fixed number of sockets associated with it. The number of independent data flows through a peripheral is equal to the number of its sockets.

GPIF block has got 32 sockets associated with it.

To use P Port, let's say, you need to make communication between P Port and U-Port(USB)

Then you should create a DMA channel between these two blocks. The point of connection between this channel and the P-port block/U-port block would be their respective sockets.

For detailed explanation of Sockets and it's usage in AN75779(UVC Application) please read the appnote document.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SaLa_1789541
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like given

Anyone can you please answer?

0 Likes
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

A socket is a point of connection between a peripheral hardware block and the FX3 RAM. Each peripheral hardware block on FX3, such as USB, GPIF, UART, and SPI, has a fixed number of sockets associated with it. The number of independent data flows through a peripheral is equal to the number of its sockets.

GPIF block has got 32 sockets associated with it.

To use P Port, let's say, you need to make communication between P Port and U-Port(USB)

Then you should create a DMA channel between these two blocks. The point of connection between this channel and the P-port block/U-port block would be their respective sockets.

For detailed explanation of Sockets and it's usage in AN75779(UVC Application) please read the appnote document.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes