H and V blanking values

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

In Cypress EZ USB Suite's CX3 Configuration project, in the Frame Configuration, we need to set both H and V blanking values. In the example code for OV5640, H blanking is set to 50 for all resolutions and V blanking set to 5. I went through the spec. and ov's source code, and still couldn't figure out how 50 and 5 were calculated!

I am trying to port the example code to support another OV sensor, so without knowing these two values, I couldn't make the project work.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hi Gao Xiang,

The H_blank and V_blank values are used to calculate the H_toal and V_total respectively. When you decied the resolution of video stream, i.e., the hight, width, bits/pixel and frame rate are fixed. Consequently, the V_total could be get from 1/(frame rate). In the CX3 receiver configuration tool, you need to set the MIPI CSI clock value, data lane, H/V_active value according to the resolution you choose.

After that, the configuration tool will generate some necessary parameters in the right panel of this tool.

If you change H_blank and V_blank, it will lead to a different  value of some other parameters, such as the range of PCLK.

Hope this will help you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hi Gao Xiang,

The H_blank and V_blank values are used to calculate the H_toal and V_total respectively. When you decied the resolution of video stream, i.e., the hight, width, bits/pixel and frame rate are fixed. Consequently, the V_total could be get from 1/(frame rate). In the CX3 receiver configuration tool, you need to set the MIPI CSI clock value, data lane, H/V_active value according to the resolution you choose.

After that, the configuration tool will generate some necessary parameters in the right panel of this tool.

If you change H_blank and V_blank, it will lead to a different  value of some other parameters, such as the range of PCLK.

Hope this will help you.

0 Likes