GX3 : EEPROM configuration Utility Error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WonjinHan
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor
50 questions asked 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Dears.

We are using GX3 to implement “ethernet to usb new module”.

This module is HW-implemented in USB 2.0 Only (Vbus, D+, D-) and When this module is hooked up to the computer,

PC device driver “Cypress GX3 Superspeedto Gigabit Ethernet BridgeController” is brought it up successfully in Network Adapter, device manager as the following. Then, when I tried to run “GX3 EEPROM configuration Utility” and press the "program" button to write configuration paramters like Mac address anD so on to the EEPROM, it pops up the error like “Open Device Fail”.

EEPROM_CONFIGURATION_ERROR.jpg

Could you tell me what happened inside of it ? Please give us any tips to get through it.

Thanks,

WonjinHan.

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

It seems like you are using a PC with secure boot enabled. This can be checked by pressing windows key and typing system information.  The snapshot of a section of system information (having secure boot turned ON) is shown below:

JayakrishnaT_76_0-1610967314417.png

Please check if you have another PC with the secure boot disabled and let us know if you still face the issue.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
WonjinHan
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor

Now we are using GX3 Test Driver - Windows 64-bit  and GX3 EEPROM Configuration Utility in in Windows10 but it doesn't work.

0 Likes

Hello,

Please let us know if you have uninstalled the standard GX3 Windows driver initially. After this, please verify that the GX3 Windows Test driver is installed properly. Please share a snapshot of the device manager after the device binds to the test driver for us to check.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
WonjinHan
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor

Hello Jayakrishna.

Thank you for your feedback. I upload the snapshot which you asked.

Please refer to the following. It looks like that's the same as the previous uploaded one.

Could you tell me your opinion?

20210116_015922382.jpg

Best regards, 

WonjinHan.

0 Likes
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello Wonjin Han,

It looks like the device is still bound to the standard GX3 driver and not the test driver. Can you please uninstall the device and bind it to the test driver?

Also,  for obtaining test drivers and GX3 configuration utility, please contact the following email id:

gx3@cypress.com

Also, please share the snapshot of the driver tab of device properties as shown below:

JayakrishnaT_76_0-1610937841406.png

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
WonjinHan
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor

Hello Jayakrishna.

Thank you for your feedback.

Even though I downloaded and installed the device driver package from IFX community link in a new PC, driver name that is brought it up in Device manager is the same as the previous on like standard device driver.

Could you give me your exact link to download test device driver for Win10?

TestDriver.jpg

Thanks
Wonjin Han.

0 Likes
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello,

Please post the link to the community thread from where you downloaded the test drivers. Also, please contact the following email id for obtaining GX3 EEPROM configuration utility:

gx3@cypress.com

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
WonjinHan
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor

Hello Jayakrishna.

Thank you for your prompt and kindly answer.

I used test device driver which you sent to do installation and then I got the following error in device manager which is related to the digital signature in Windows 10.

GX3_DeviceDriver_Error.png
Please check it out for us.

Thanks and regards,
Wonjin Han.

0 Likes
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello,

It seems like you are using a PC with secure boot enabled. This can be checked by pressing windows key and typing system information.  The snapshot of a section of system information (having secure boot turned ON) is shown below:

JayakrishnaT_76_0-1610967314417.png

Please check if you have another PC with the secure boot disabled and let us know if you still face the issue.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes