GPIF-II Master Interface Master and Slave FIFO device not recognized [re-posted]

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am re-posting the same post (GPIF-II Master Interface Master and Slave FIFO device not recognized ). Kindly reply ASAP.

I have two CYUSB3KIT-003 explore kits. Here, I am following "AN87216 - Designing a GPIF II Master Interface" guide to make exchange of data between two hosts as Master and Slave FIFO.

I downloaded and uploaded pre-built firmware images for both the slave device and master device (Autoslave.img and Automaster.img). After uploading, Cypress USB Control Center software shows nothing (before uploading Cypress USB Control Center lists both devices as Cypress FX3 USB Bootloader device). Then, I cross-checked in the device manager, both the device drivers not installed (both are shown as FX3 in other devices). I have tried all the samples from the SDK kit like LED blink, streamer, etc. All the working fine but not for this sample. I have tried all options to install drivers for the device but failed.

What could be the reason? Kindly suggest.

I have tested on the both machines: Windows 10, Windows 7, both system failed to install drivers for the Master and Slave FIFO devices (FX3 drivers not found message in the device manage while searching/updating drivers)

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please try manually binding the drivers:

In the device manager, Double click FX3 -> Drivers Tab -> Update Driver -> Browse my computer for Driver Software -> Let me pick up from the list of drivers -> Have Disk -> (Select the cyusb3.inf file in the location c:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver\) -> Select ant listing such as Cypress Streamer Application" -> Click Next and OK.

Now you should be able to see the device in the control center.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please try manually binding the drivers:

In the device manager, Double click FX3 -> Drivers Tab -> Update Driver -> Browse my computer for Driver Software -> Let me pick up from the list of drivers -> Have Disk -> (Select the cyusb3.inf file in the location c:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver\) -> Select ant listing such as Cypress Streamer Application" -> Click Next and OK.

Now you should be able to see the device in the control center.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes

Hello Yu Ming,

Please post the message in the device manager in English.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

My OS is win7 x64.I manually bind the drivers:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver\bin\win7\x64

BUT Windows cannot install fx3,Windows could not find the device's driver file。While the cyusb3.inf file is in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver\bin\win7\x64.

0 Likes

Hello,

- Please check if the other files CYUSB3.SYS and CYUSB3.CAT files are also present in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver\bin\win7\x64.

- By default, when the FX3 SDK is installed, all these files are present in the driver package.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

The other files CYUSB3.SYS and CYUSB3.CAT files are also present in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver\bin\win7\x64.

000000.png

11111.png

0 Likes