GPIF II Designer released

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fellow FX3 enthusiasts,

GPIF II Designer available at http://www.cypress.com/?rID=59628. Please use it and let us know your feedback.

Cheers,

Anand

0 Likes
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

it is a pity that cypress removed the project name of the GPIF II design in the header file of each define. Now I have to rename RESET, IDLE, the waveform struct,... because I am using two different GPIF II design in one project and now I have definitions more than one time declared!!!

Can cypress undo that?

Thanks,

Lumpi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for letting us know. Will have a chat with our software team to get this done.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

In the Build --> Build settings you can find output template field. Please change the .tpl file used in that to cygpif2multiplecheadertemplate.tpl to add those prefixes in the #define. That should fix your issue.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anand,

all fixed with your solution, great.

Thanks,

lumpi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

my GPIF II Designer doesn't work. On opening or creating a project I get this error message:

Error: prj.M00007: Project "D:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Eigene Dateien\GPIF II Designer\3\test.cydsn\test.cyfx" load failed. Ein Aufrufziel hat einen Ausnahmefehler verursacht.

Before I tested the new Version, I had installed GPIF II Beta Designer, which was released on January 2012. There was the same issue.

Regards,
lpcy

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anand,

I am not sure in which release version of GPIF II designer the change was but now at release version 1.1 the cypgif2multiplecheadertemplate.tpl does not consider the project name in the header at the definition....

/* Summary
   Number of states in the state machine
 */
#define CY_NUMBER_OF_STATES 4

as a result the eclipse shows a warning:

"CY_NUMBER_OF_STATES" redefined.

when two or more GPIF II designes are used in one firmware/application.

You may change this also to include the project name in that define, then the GPIF II designer with the multi template is really consistent.

Regards

lumpi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

can any cypress employee answer to my last post???

Thanks,

lumpi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Version confiusion.

At download on date is given, if you got "help about" you get a 2nd, and if you look in the release not both version and date are divverent.

Poul-Erik.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Though I think that I will not be able to answer questions in this thread, I cannot deduct any question from your last post.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

that was just a simple question to the GPIF II Designer software engineers, that they change the define from

#define CY_NUMBER_OF_STATES 4

to....

#define <GpifProjectName>_NUMBER_OF_STATES 4

thanks,

lumpi

0 Likes