GPIF, Bulk OUT, and Error Code: 997

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have taken the slave fifo async example, and replaced the state machine with a much simpler state machine. The current GPIF state machine calls DR_DATA (reads from Thread3) in one state then calls DR_GPIO in another, there are no conditions, everything's LOGIC_ONE. By looking at a logic analyzer I see the appropriate GPIO pin is being toggled by DR_GPIO which makes me believe that the state machine is running. When I use the USB Control Center application on windows, I can send 2 large 1024 byte packets (whose DMA callbacks are received) after which the application is unable to send any more data and fails with the message "BULK OUT transfer failed with Error Code: 997". After this however the every BULK OUT fails, and the DMA callback on the FX3 is no longer called.

What causes this error to occur? Does the FX3 think the GPIF is not removing content from the DMA buffers fast enough (or at all)?

If so, how should I correct this in my simple state machine? I've tried switching DR_DATA between Thread0 and Thread3 to make sure I didn't mix up the threads.

0 Likes
4 Replies