Frame Size less than expected

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
jayesh_joshi
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 10 questions asked 25 sign-ins

Hi,

I am developing firmware that can stream 4912x3684 RAW12 data at 5fps. I know that the normal stream will not appear in e-camview or amcap but some type of color with framerate will be displayed as I have tested with other resolution. Now when I start streaming data in e-camview it shows 0.0fps. In debug log  I have printed frame size and MIPI error for debugging attached as below. Frame size is inconsistent and less than expected.

Frame size = 4912*3684*12/8 = 27143712. But I am getting around 25000000. Also after many iterations I am getting DMA_RESET_EVENT from DMA callback and firmware stops to send frame size And display MIPI error shown in Log file

I have attached MIPI configuration window for reference. I have tried changing pll clock multiplier but it is not making much difference. Let me know in case of further clarification.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
jayesh_joshi
Level 4
Level 4

I thought I should post what was the solution.

After reducing CSI Clock of sensor I can get proper images.

Thanks, JayakrishnaT_76​ for support.

Regards Jayesh.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
14 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

The MIPI configurations seems to be fine. Please let me know the following details:

1. Are you using a custom board for streaming or Denebola kit?

2. If it is a custom board then which image sensor is used?

3. Please share the project by removing the image sensor configuration settings.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
lock attach

JayakrishnaT_76​ Thanks for response

1. Are you using a custom board for streaming or Denebola kit? - It is custom board.

2. If it is a custom board then which image sensor is used? - Sesnor is AR1820

3. Please share the project by removing the image sensor configuration settings. - Attached.

0 Likes

Hello,

I understand that you are seeing CB Failure in debug logs. Please let me know if you are able to see data even though it is varying after the CB failure occurs.

The variable data rate can be because the sensor is not configured based on the configurations set in the MIPI configuration utility. Please probe FV, LV and PCLK from the CX3 test points and share it with us.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

JayakrishnaT_76​ I am not able to see any data in e-camview or Amcap.

I am unable to probe signal as I dont have oscilloscope right now. Can  debug any other way using debug prints?  

0 Likes

Hello,

You cannot see a video preview on e-CamView or AMCap unless the data rate is constant and same as that reported in the descriptors. My question in the previous response was to check in teraterm if you are able to see the size of frames (even though it is varying) after CB Failure occurs.

We suspect that the variable frame size seen in the teraterm logs is because the image sensor is configured differently compared to the MIPI Receiver Configuration. In order to check this, we need the traces of FV, LV and PCLK from CX3 testpoints.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
lock attach

JayakrishnaT_76​ In teraterm after CB failures I am not getting frame but if I restart e-camview it will start sending frames at varying length.

Also, I am not a hardware guy but as per my knowledge we don't have PCLK, FV, LV signals are not connected. There 10 pins connected with the camera sensor to CX3, we have MIPI 4 as attached in the block diagram where N is 4. Let me know how can understand these behaviors.

Thanks,

Jayesh

0 Likes

Hello,

Please let me know all the free GPIOs available on your board.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
lock attach

JayakrishnaT_76​ I have attached portion of schematic of unconnected pins for you reference.

Also I am thinking does it something to do with phy delay? I don't know much about it but if you can shade light on it.

0 Likes

Hello,

Please let me know if you can probe any of the following 2 GPIOs from your board:

GPIO17,GPIO18,GPIO19,GPIO20,GPIO21,GPIO22,GPIO23,GPIO24,GPIO25,GPIO26.

You can try calling the API CyU3PMipicsiSetPhyTimeDelay(1,0x08 ); immediately after calling CyU3PMipicsiSetIntfParams(). Please note that the second parameter should be set to the PHY time delay value that is obtained from the MIPI configuration utlity.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

JayakrishnaT_76​ I can probe one the GPIO you suggested. I have not tried CyU3PMipicsiSetPhyTimeDelay(1,0x08 ); use of this API  I will let you know result.

Regards Jayesh

0 Likes

Hello,

Please let me know the GPIO numbers of any 2 GPIOs mentioned in my previous response that can be probed.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

JayakrishnaT_76​ We can probe probe GPIO18 , GPIO19.

0 Likes
jayesh_joshi
Level 4
Level 4

I have tried with CyU3PMipicsiSetPhyTimeDelay(1,0x01 ); after CyU3PMipicsiSetIntfParams() but I didn't get frame in year term. I have also tried with different value but result didn't improve

0 Likes
jayesh_joshi
Level 4
Level 4

I thought I should post what was the solution.

After reducing CSI Clock of sensor I can get proper images.

Thanks, JayakrishnaT_76​ for support.

Regards Jayesh.

0 Likes