Flashing FX3's flash with more than a firmware-image

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RoKl_290166
Level 4
Level 4
Welcome!

Hi,

I want to write an initial .bin-file which contains besides the firmware-image at the beginning more data following after the firmware-image to a flash-device connected via SPI to FX3.

Using just the ControlCenter's option "Program" -> "FX3" -> "SPI-Flash" doesn't work (it hangs up)!

Now I'm asking what's the reason for that and what do I have to modify to get it run... Obviousely the ControlCenter or the FXBoot-Programmer checks the downloaded data-file for something like the checksum or any other format-item?!

The complete source-code of the ControlCenter is not available so I'm not able to see what it does exactly.

But what about the boot-programmer which is loaded to FX3's RAM and can be used to access the SPI-Flash via USB vendor-commands? Where can I find the source-code of this boot-programmer? Is it the example-project "USBFlashProg"?

Does anybody know what the ControlCenter and the Boot-programmer do exactly with the file-data while programming the SPI-flash?

Best regards,

rob

0 Likes
9 Replies