Finding Equivalent function to FindPin in V4L2 Using Fx3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RyTh_4740406
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

I am looking for an equivalent form of the FindPin Function in Video for Linux that will allow me to send a trigger to a UVC camera that is attached to my computer by USB. The camera has a FX3 chip inside. The camera is compatible to stream in Linux with no problems already. The stillpin works correctly in Windows and can trigger the camera sending the commands to do so. I am looking for the equivalent of this in Linux. I am making a QT creator application in Linux that will simply stream video on a GUI and have a trigger button, when pressed on the GUI it will send a trigger command to the cameras pin and will capture an image from the video stream.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Ryan,

Please refer to this blog Linux UVC driver & tools which mention that still capture is not supported by UVC Linux driver.

You can flow these steps to capture a still image https://medium.com/@athul929/capture-an-image-using-v4l2-api-5b6022d79e1d

Hope this Helps

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please refer to the econ system's open-source application which supports devices compatible to V4L2. It supports still triggers.

Download Linux Webcam Software - Qt Camera App

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hi Rashi,

Thank you for the reply, this is a great application but unfortunately it is not exactly what I am looking for as this simply takes a still image off of the video stream, I need something that will send a trigger command to the camera and activate the capture pin.

-Ryan

0 Likes

Hello Ryan,

Please refer to this blog Linux UVC driver & tools which mention that still capture is not supported by UVC Linux driver.

You can flow these steps to capture a still image https://medium.com/@athul929/capture-an-image-using-v4l2-api-5b6022d79e1d

Hope this Helps

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes