Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeZy_4330396
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Cypress Community,

i create a new topic because i cannot success to get the image. I am only getting half of the FPS, i m only receiving 7-8 fps, or it should be 15 fps... And I cannot figure it out, i checked the test point on the Cx3 Board (Pixel Clock, Line Valid and Frame Valid) and all seem to be good (Screen below).

Do you have an idea why ?

My configuration :

Image X: 1920

Image Y 1080

Format RGB 888 (24 bits)

15 Fps

Cx3 Configuration :

- Number of DMA : Set to 3 (but 6 in real because of the MANY-To-oNE mode if i well understand)

- Dma Size(include Header and footer) : 30720 bytes

- Header size : 12

- Footer Size : 372

- GPIF : 24 bit

1) Screen on a lane of the incoming Mipi :

tek00000.png

V-Total(us) = 66.6

V-Blanking(us) = 10.8

V-Blanking(Line) = 209

TEK00001.PNG

H-Total(us) = 50.4

H-Blanking(us) = 31.2

H-Blanking(pixel) = 2880

2) Pixel clock (test point Cx3) :

TEK00002.PNG

Clock  : 72 MHz

3) Frame Valid (VSYNC) (Cx3 test Point) :

tek00000.png

Period : 67.2 ms

4) Line Valid (HSYNC) (Cx3 Test Point)

TEK00001.PNG

Image Period 66 .4 ms

- Zoom  :

TEK00002.PNG

Line Period : 51.60 us

5) Mipi Configurator Tools

pastedImage_2.png

If you need more information tell me.

Thank you in advance,

JZ

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Jeremy,

Both the sensor settings and the MIPI settings are set by the user.

The Cx3 Configuration tool doesn't do any major changes. It does a simple calculation based on the Inputs user gives to the utility. The calculation of the V Active  is done by the tool considering the H Total (resolution given to the tool) and the V Active ( as per input given to the tool) and similarly the V total is calculated.

V Active (time) = H -Total * V-active /1000 ms

V- Total(time) = H-Total * (V-active+V_blanking)/1000 ms

The input from the sensor is expected to come in similar manner. If the settings of the sensor is not in sync with the MIPI settings (input given to the tool (i.e. the left side of the Configuration utility MIPI CSi2 Inputs)). If both these things don't match, there are chances of the glitches/ misbehavior in the application.

According to your inputs the V blanking is calculated as 11 ms by the tool but the sensor is not giving the same.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies