FX3S QueryUnit bug

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

If using the 4 bit mode on a eMMC the card detect is working .

If i switch to 8 bit mode, the CyU3PSibQeryDevice returns a numBlks which is 256 times to small ! 

Shifting numBlks  8 times don't solve the problem, because CyU3PSibReadWriteRequest return with a CY_U3P_ERROR_INVALID_ADDR. The ReadWrite command is not using the patched numBlks to check the address range.

Which variable is used to check the address range ?

Best regards,

Peter

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Peter,

I have tested FX3SMassStorage example project with 4-bit and 8-bit eMMC mode on S0 port. (When UART is used for logging, since we can configure S1 port only as 4-bits wide, I have tested on S0 port). I have attached the logs for your reference. In the logs, you can see that the numBlks value does not change when busWidth=1(4-bit mode) or busWidth=2(8-bit mode)

Could you provide the following information:

Are you observing this with the FX3SMassStorage example project or with a modified version?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

I think it is a problem with the samsung chip I'm using.

The CyU3CardMgrMmcInit function is testing the bus before reading the Ext_CSD register. If the EXT_CSD is read in 4 bit mode the data is ok. If read in 8 bit mode one byte is missed, but without CRC error. Later I can read the chip without problems in 8 bit mode. 

I have fixed the problem by reading the EXT_CSD before switching the bus to 4/8 bit mode. 

0 Likes