cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Superspeed Peripherals

New Contributor II

Hello all,

I'm using EZ USB and OpenOCD on the FX3 (the superspeed demo board for now). Today, I copied the project from my preliminary workspace to the one in our repository. After setting up the debugging configuration (setting the path to openocd, setting the config path, turning off Enable ARM Semihosting and Pre-run reset), I got to work, and a little while later, I found that my breakpoints weren't breaking.

Here's what I'm seeing, and what I've deduced from it.

  • debug prints using CyU3PDebugPrint still work
  • I'm seeing debug prints from later on after my breakpoints, so I know it has to be getting there.
  • It does break immediately at the beginning of main.
  • breakpoints later in main, or in CyFxApplicationDefine, or later on in the main thread all seem to be ignored.
  • Stepping through one line at a time works great until CyU3PKernelEntry.
  • I'm seeing the same problem in one of the sample projects (SlaveFifoAsync), so I don't think it's a problem with my code.

Here's the other things I've tried:

  • Using the installer to repair the installation.
  • resetting the device
  • unplugging and plugging the device back in
  • closing Eclipse and opening it again
  • restarting the computer

Has anyone seen this before, or have any ideas about how I might fix it?

0 Likes
Reply
1 Solution
Moderator
Moderator

Hello,

Please refer to the following thread with a similar query: Strange behaviour when setting breakpoints (slashes pruning from pathnames)

The interaction marked as the answer and the following interaction can help with your query.

Regards,

Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Reply
5 Replies
Moderator
Moderator

Hello,

Please refer to the following KBA: Segger J-Link Known Issues with FX3/CX3/FX3S - KBA229847

Please follow the steps mentioned and see if you are able to successfully navigate through the firmware using breakpoints.

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes
Reply
New Contributor II

Hi Yashwant,

I read through the page you linked, and I don't think those are related. I'm not getting any error codes, and I'm not using J-Link (although I plan to once the prototype board is ready). I'm actually using the CYUSB3KIT-003 demo board right now, which has a Cypress chip that does Jtag to USB, if I've read the documentation correctly.

While I was trying those though, I noticed that if I tried to add a breakpoint while the program was stopped at the temporary breakpoint at the start of main, a message appeared on the console saying "No source file named <path to the file in which I tried to add a breakpoint>." The path was missing slashes between the directories though. It seems like it could be relevant, although I don't know where I could have messed it up.

I also went back to the old workspace to double check, and it still works fine there.

EDIT:

Among other things, today I tried creating a new project in the new workspace to see if I could use breakpoints there, but that didn't work either. It was the same as with the project I imported.

0 Likes
Reply
New Contributor II

I tried creating a new workspace higher up towards the root of the repository, and copied the project into there. Now I can set breakpoints, so it seems like a path length problem, or something similar.

I know it's not a Windows problem because I've enabled long paths. Whether it's a gdb problem, and eclipse problem, or an openocd problem, I don't know.

0 Likes
Reply
Moderator
Moderator

Hello,

Please refer to the following thread with a similar query: Strange behaviour when setting breakpoints (slashes pruning from pathnames)

The interaction marked as the answer and the following interaction can help with your query.

Regards,

Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Reply
New Contributor II

Ah. Yes, that works too, and it allows me to keep my workspace where I want it. Thank you!

0 Likes
Reply