FX3 transfer to/from PC without DMA channels.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cypress, 

I managed to add an interface with EP84 and EP05 for IN and OUT transfer between FX3 CPU and Host with 1KB packets. 

What shall I do to make the transfer without setting up a DMA channel? May I do it the same way as CyU3PUsbSendEP0Data and CyU3PUsbGetEP0Data? 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I too have the same doubt! How can I manually create a packet or fill the dma buffer(without producer socket) and send it to the host PC via USB3.0.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Managed to make DMA working. Create a dma is only a 1 time job, all subsequent execute use commit. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jasmin,

You can refer to the USBBulkSourceSink firmware. This example illustrates the use of the FX3 firmware APIs to implement
  a data source and data sink over a pair of USB Bulk endpoints.Any data received from the host through the DMA MANUAL IN channel is  discarded. A constant data pattern is continuously loaded into the DMA MANUAL  OUT channel and sent to the host. 

The application also supports a set of vendor commands on the control endpoint. These are used to demonstrate the vendor command handling as well as to  test cases like repeated USB connection, device reset etc.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Nishant. 

Yes I studied the BulkSourceSink design. It will be of use to some part of my design. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot Nishant I used the  USBBulkSourceSink firmware to solve the isuue. 

0 Likes