FX3 ptos callback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
gean_3054931
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hello,

I am writing p port data to s port by creating manual channel between them and debugging with segger.

dmaCfg.notification = CY_U3P_DMA_CB_PROD_EVENT |CY_U3P_DMA_CB_RECV_CPLT ;

while debugging, the value for dmaCfg.notification is 12.what does mean?is CY_U3P_DMA_CB_PROD_EVENT  is called?

dmaCfg.cb = CyFxSlFifoPtoSDmaCallback;

the value for dmaCfg.cb is showing error reading variable(please look at attached image).

let me know the reason.

thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

>> the value for dmaCfg.notification is 12.what does mean?is CY_U3P_DMA_CB_PROD_EVENT  is called?

Since you have set the dmaCfg.notification field to CY_U3P_DMA_CB_PROD_EVENT  | CY_U3P_DMA_CB_RECV_CPLT, where the value of CY_U3P_DMA_CB_PROD_EVENT is 0x1000 and the value of CY_U3P_DMA_CB_RECV_CPLT is 0x0100, the resultant value of the dmaCfg.notification is 0x1100 which corresponds to 12. This does not mean that the CY_U3P_DMA_CB_PROD_EVENT  event is called. The DMA channel is registered for the events CY_U3P_DMA_CB_PROD_EVENT and CY_U3P_DMA_CB_RECV_CPLT.

>> the value for dmaCfg.cb is showing error reading variable(please look at attached image).

let me know the reason.

Have you defined the function CyFxSlFifoPtoSDmaCallback() properly in your firmware code? Are there any errors while the code is directly built using the Eclipse IDE?

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

>> the value for dmaCfg.notification is 12.what does mean?is CY_U3P_DMA_CB_PROD_EVENT  is called?

Since you have set the dmaCfg.notification field to CY_U3P_DMA_CB_PROD_EVENT  | CY_U3P_DMA_CB_RECV_CPLT, where the value of CY_U3P_DMA_CB_PROD_EVENT is 0x1000 and the value of CY_U3P_DMA_CB_RECV_CPLT is 0x0100, the resultant value of the dmaCfg.notification is 0x1100 which corresponds to 12. This does not mean that the CY_U3P_DMA_CB_PROD_EVENT  event is called. The DMA channel is registered for the events CY_U3P_DMA_CB_PROD_EVENT and CY_U3P_DMA_CB_RECV_CPLT.

>> the value for dmaCfg.cb is showing error reading variable(please look at attached image).

let me know the reason.

Have you defined the function CyFxSlFifoPtoSDmaCallback() properly in your firmware code? Are there any errors while the code is directly built using the Eclipse IDE?

Best regards,

Srinath S