FX3 bootloader is not running

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I use a board with 3014,no matter the Pmode set to F1F or F11,the USB control center can find the "Cypress USB Bootloader" and I can download the firmware to the ram,But when I use a board with 3012 and set the Pmode to F11,the USB control center can find nothing,then I change the Pmode to F1F, the USB control center can find "Cypress USB Bootloader"and I can find the VID/PID=04b4/00f3,but when I try to download firmware to ram of 3012 ,the control center give a message:bootloader is not running,please reset your device to download firmwire.when I reset the device with control center,The problem is still not gone.Another difference of the two FX3 is power.the board with 3014 is powered with Vbus of USB.the board with 3012 is power by other external power。 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please refer to errata 2 of the FX3 datasheet https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-CYUSB301X_CYUSB201X_EZ-USB_FX3_SUPERSPEED_USB_CONTROLLER-Data... 

The FX3 bootloader enters suspend mode and does not wakeup when connected to USB host

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

When you connect the 3012 board, if you turn off and on the external VBUS supply, is it able to detect the board?

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have a look at this datasheet:
http://www.cypress.com/file/140296/download

Go to 'Errata' on page 47:

"

2. USB enumeration failure in USB boot mode when FX3 is self-powered.

■ Problem Definition FX3 device may not enumerate in USB boot mode when it is self-powered. The bootloader is designed for bus power mode. It does not make use of the VBUS pin on the USB connector to detect the USB connection and expect that USB bus is connected to host if it is powered. If FX3 is not already connected to the USB host when it is powered, then it enters into low-power mode and does not wake up when connected to USB host. 

"

0 Likes
ChRi_1281516
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Maybe a useful information for others: Running into this errata item also breaks the ability to connect with JTAG to the FX3 internal ARM9 core. We had the issue at some self powered boards here, where the USB 2.0 connection was broken due to defective coils between connector and FX3. In this case, the bootloader did not start and also the JTAG interface was disabled. As a result the FX3 was not responsive at all.

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please refer to errata 2 of the FX3 datasheet https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-CYUSB301X_CYUSB201X_EZ-USB_FX3_SUPERSPEED_USB_CONTROLLER-Data... 

The FX3 bootloader enters suspend mode and does not wakeup when connected to USB host

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes