FX3 automatically switching to Serial MFG Mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RNa_1426991
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

We have developed a USB 3.0 camera with the FX3 kit as the basis. Occasionally, in some cameras, we get the FX3 automatically switching to Serial MFG mode instead being enumerated as a Composite Device in Device Manager in Windows 10 x64. This happens unpredictably, and may happen once in 2-14 days. Can anyone help with what could be the potential cause of this problem, and what we need to do to resolve this?

Thanks and Regards,

R A

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Please change the PID as below in the cyfxuvcdscr.c file as below:

pastedImage_0.png

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Can you please let us know whether you are using 2 interfaces. That is UVC + another interface or UVC + the internal debugger in your application.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hi Jayakrishna,

We are are using a single UVC interface (we have only modified AN75779) in Release mode.

Thanks and Regards,

R A

0 Likes

Hello,

Does this issue occur when you use some specific sensors only or does it occur with all the sensors. Also can you let us know whether you are using a custom board or not.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

We have developed and are working with only one sensor. And it is a custom board, not the FX3 kit board. The problem occurs unpredictably, and in some cameras only.

Thanks

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please send me the following details from the device manager when the wrong driver is bound to the device.

1. In the Driver Tab, please tell what is the driver provider field.

2. Driver details in the driver tab

3. VID and PID of the device from the details Tab -> Device Instance Path.

Please provide the screenshots of the above details.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hi Jayakrishna,

Kindly give me some time. As this is an unpredictable problem, I am waiting for it to recur in one of the cameras we have deployed. The moment that happens, I shall gather the above information you have requested and get back to you.

Thanks and Regards,

R A

0 Likes

Hello.

Sure please let us know the details when you face the same trouble again.

Best regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
RNa_1426991
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jayakrishna,

I got hold of a customer computer where we saw the issue. Please look at the device driver information you requested -

FX3_DeviceInstancePath1.png

FX3_DriverTab1.png

Do let me know how to proceed forward.

Thanks and Regards,

R A

0 Likes

Hello,

Please change the PID as below in the cyfxuvcdscr.c file as below:

pastedImage_0.png

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hi Jayakrishna,

Thanks for the quick response. I am in the process of implementing it. However, I cannot be sure until we test for extended periods if this has worked! Therefore, I would like to ask the following -

1. Will it eliminate the default setting as MFG mode?

2. Will it prevent the FX3 from going to MFG mode at any time during Windows booting/running/shutdown?

Thanks and Regards,

Narayanan

0 Likes

Hello,

Please find my comments below:

1.This will eliminate the default setting as MFG Mode.

2.It will prevent FX3 from going to MFG mode at any time.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hi Jayakrishna,

Thank you very much for the clarifications. I shall put it into production and get back if I see any issues.

Thanks and Regards,

R A

0 Likes

Hi Jayakrishna,

We have put it into production, and we have seen that the problem is solved in every location we have applied the fix. So I am happy to close this thread as resolved completely. Thank you very much for your patience and support!

Regards,

R A

0 Likes