FX3 address pins

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having some confusion about how the FX3 assigns the address pins based on the configuration file generated using the GPIF II Designer tool. I am using the SuperSpeed explorer kit and I would like to have a master interface with a 9-bit address bus; the designer tool shows me that the following GPIOs are assigned to the  address bus:

GPIO[46:49], GPIO[29:25]

I have the state machine trying to drive the address bus using DR_ADDR, which is reading from Register (not socket). In the firmware I have a loop that increments a variable, i, from 0 to 4 and I am writing this value to the register using CY_U3P_PIB_GPIF_EGRESS_ADDRESS(0) = &i

I have probed the GPIOs assigned by the designer, but I see no change in the output.

When I look in the FX3 technical reference manual there is a comment for the ADR_CTRL bit field in the GPIF_BUS_CONFIG register that says the following:

"Number of control lines overridden by address lines. Control signals CTRL[15] to CTRL[16-
ADR_CTRL] are not connected to pins. Instead those pins are designated as address signals. Which
address signals depends on the other mode fields above. In other words: if ADR_CTRL = 0 all CTRL
lines are connected to pins, if ADR_CTRL = 1, CTRL[15] is not connected and so on."

However the datasheet does not specify any pins that have the name CTRL[14] or CTRL[13] (see Table 7 for CYUSB1304) and this comment does not agree with the GPIOs assigned by the Designer tool. 

I am going to try and test the address bus output by driving using counter, just to make sure I am not having a board issue, but any clarification on the above would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Reply