FX3 UVC imaging issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Sir

I use fx3 as the uvc device, but after working for a while, the image will be abnormal.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thank you very much.

0 Likes
1 Solution

1. Change the CY_FX_UVC_STREAM_BUF_SIZE, CX3_UVC_STREAM_BUF_COUNT; in dmaMulti Channel configuration to 0x8FD0, 3 respectively.

2. Set the Counters DATA and ADDR_COUNTERS in GPIF state machine by following this formula = (36816/ GPIF Bus Width) - 1

3. Change the following line in the probe control settings:

i.e No. of bytes device can receive in single payload.

0x00, 0x90, 0x00, 0x00              /* No. of bytes device can rx in single payload: 36KB */

4. Do the above three modifications and build the firmware then check the debug prints.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Share the following details to debug this issue.

1. Enable the DEBUG Prints in the firmware. Check whether there is any commit buffer failures

2. What is the operating system? Windows, Linux or Mac?

3. What is the resolution and format?

4. What is the sensor?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi srdr

Thank you for your reply.

1. Sorry, I'm not familiar with FX3.The example I use is AN75779.How to enable debug printing function?

2. Use on Windows.

3. 1920*1080 20fps, YUV422 format, Pixel Clock 96MHz.

4. ONSEMI AR0231+AP0202

0 Likes

Hello Eden Wu,

- The AN75779 has got UART debug prints. Kindly, collect the UART logs and share the same. In case you are using the FX3 SuperSpeed Explorer Kit, the board has got an on board USB-Serial converter. This can be used to convert to UART data onto USB and viewed on the standard terminals on the host (like TeraTerm).

- Also, mention the buffer size and count that has been used.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Srinath S

I got a error code:

Error in CyU3PDmaMultiChannelCommitBuffer: code 71

Can you tell me how to fix this issue?

Thank you very much~

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Srdr

I have no idea how to modify it. Can you provide an example?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes

1. Change the CY_FX_UVC_STREAM_BUF_SIZE, CX3_UVC_STREAM_BUF_COUNT; in dmaMulti Channel configuration to 0x8FD0, 3 respectively.

2. Set the Counters DATA and ADDR_COUNTERS in GPIF state machine by following this formula = (36816/ GPIF Bus Width) - 1

3. Change the following line in the probe control settings:

i.e No. of bytes device can receive in single payload.

0x00, 0x90, 0x00, 0x00              /* No. of bytes device can rx in single payload: 36KB */

4. Do the above three modifications and build the firmware then check the debug prints.

0 Likes