FX3 UVC Example AN75779 Application

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I want to change the firmware provided in AN75779.zip  to meet the requirement of my own sensor with the following features:

1. 16-bit synchronous parallel data interface

2. 16 bits per pixel

3. YUY2 color space

4. 1024 * 768 pixel resolution

5. 30 frames per second

6. Active high frame/line valid signals

7. Positive clock edge polarity

Most of those features are same as the sensor used in AN75779,except 1 and 4, width of the data interface and resolution.

For 16-bit synchronous parallel data interface, I go to the Interface Definition tab in GPIF II Designer and choose the 16 Bit option for Data Bus Width, then i go to the state machine tab, change the counter limit value of LD_DATA_COUNT and LD_ADDR_COUNT to 8183.Finally, i update the cyfxgpif2config.h in original firmware project,and make sure the iomatrix configuration in the firmware has the isDQ32Bit parameter set to CyFalse.

For 1024 * 768 pixel resolution, I change the related content of descriptors as follow,

/* Class specific Uncompressed VS format descriptor */
        0x04,                           /* X dimension of the picture aspect ratio; Non-interlaced */
        0x03,                           /* Y dimension of the pictuer aspect ratio: Non-interlaced */

/* Class specific Uncompressed VS frame descriptor */
        0x00, 0x04,                     /* Width in pixel */
        0x00, 0x03,                     /* Height in pixel */

The remain part of the firmware is unchanged.

My sensor is not configured through FX3, but i am sure it could run in the expected mode described above.After all, I build the firmware project and download the .img file into FX3 and preview real-time video use software like AMCap/VirtualDub, the system could work, show clear image with the set resolution, but it just streams near 15 frames per second, and even worse is that, the frame rate drops to 0 fps after a few seconds, the video is getting stuck.The video could be recovered by restarting the software,but then it stucks again after a few seconds.

I need help.Thanks!

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Do you infer anything from the UART Debug Prints?

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

@Madhu

Are you the regular night shift?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Andy, I am change the firmware provided in AN75779.zip  to meet the requirement of my own sensor with the following,but I have met some problem,I can not see the video, do you have e-mail or other contact information, so I can ask you some questions. Thank you.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Andy

I have some doubts regarding the sensor data and the dma aspect for 12 bit data capture from sensor using the FX3, my applciation crashes always

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 12 bit sensor and the I have configured the GPIF to 16 bit and the     io_cfg.isDQ32Bit        = CyTrue; 

Also I am using the GPIO 19 and 20 for Hsync and Vsync and changed the LD _DATA_COUNT and LD_ADDR_COUNT to 8183.

I am just captureing 320x240 gray scale image

I Just need to send these frames over USB using UVC protocol. 

Any help in this is highly apprecitaed. 

I get these errors 

SUSPEND encountered...
Clear feature request detected..
SUSPEND encountered...
SUSPEND encountered...
SUSPEND encountered...
SUSPEND encountered...
Clear feature request detected..
Error in multichannelcommitbuffer: Code = 71, size = 0, dmaDone 0
Error in multichannelcommitbuffer: Code = 71, size = 0, dmaDone 0

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here, is there any solution now?

0 Likes