Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
jech_4828421
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Hello,

I'm Jay.

I designed a custom board.

I have two problems, because It doesn't connect USB 3.0 and USB cable direction.

Each description is as follows.

1. USB 3.0 connection problem

- When my custom board connect usb device, It doesn't connect to 3.0 sequence. so It automatically connects to 2.0 sequence.

2. To connect USB C type cable direction

- When I connect it to USB cable, There are moments when there is no connection. At that time, if i connect the other way around, you can connect.

so, I attached a circuit schematics.

Please check it.

Regards,

Jay

0 Likes
1 Solution
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi Jay,

The schematic was reviewed. There are some suggestions, 

1. Some of the ports of the USB-C receptacle were not connected(for ex., txn2. rxp2). At the receptacle all the ports must be connected, then there has to be a multiplexer within a receptacle to chose between the two sets of data lines. So kindly look into this.

2. It is also advised to add AC coupling capacitors of 0.1uF in series before and after the multiplexers on the tx lines.

Kindly refer to this KBA for more information on receptacle design.

Best Regards,                                                                                                                                                                                                                   AliAsgar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi Jay,

The schematic was reviewed. There are some suggestions, 

1. Some of the ports of the USB-C receptacle were not connected(for ex., txn2. rxp2). At the receptacle all the ports must be connected, then there has to be a multiplexer within a receptacle to chose between the two sets of data lines. So kindly look into this.

2. It is also advised to add AC coupling capacitors of 0.1uF in series before and after the multiplexers on the tx lines.

Kindly refer to this KBA for more information on receptacle design.

Best Regards,                                                                                                                                                                                                                   AliAsgar

0 Likes

Hi, AliAsgar

I am checking your answer to accept my schematic.

If i design my hardware complete, i will attach it.

Regards,

Jay

0 Likes