FX3 SPI ROM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
maha_3075721
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked

Im masa,

I connected S25FS064 (S25FS064SAGNFM030) to the FX3 SPI

We are developing a board.

https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-14504

Because S25FS064 was recommended for the compatible ROM listed.

However, there was a problem when writing with ”USB Control Center Utility SPI FLASH”.

When I looked into it, I understood that ROM could not be erased.

For confirmation.

When  installed the UsbSpiDmaMode program in FX3 RAM. CY_FX_RQT_SPI_FLASH_ERASE_POLL is worked.

The hardware seems correct.

How can I make the USB Control Center Utility SPI FLASH work properly?

0 Likes
1 Solution
HirotakaT_91
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Hello,

Thank you for using Cypress Developer Community.

Let me clarify the situation.

- Are you sure the PMODE setting is USB boot (F11) when you do programming FW? Moreover, PMODE setting is SPI (0F1) when starting its FW?

- Have you tried CyBootProgrammer.img (located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\bin") for test? Is it lead same result?

- Is hardware connection on your board between SPI Flash and FX3 similar to CYUSB3KIT-003 hardware?

- How did you check CY_FX_RQT_SPI_FLASH_ERASE_POLL is working without any issue? Did you check the return status of CyFxSpiEraseSector() API is CY_U3P_SUCCESS?

Best regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
HirotakaT_91
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Hello,

Thank you for using Cypress Developer Community.

Let me clarify the situation.

- Are you sure the PMODE setting is USB boot (F11) when you do programming FW? Moreover, PMODE setting is SPI (0F1) when starting its FW?

- Have you tried CyBootProgrammer.img (located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\bin") for test? Is it lead same result?

- Is hardware connection on your board between SPI Flash and FX3 similar to CYUSB3KIT-003 hardware?

- How did you check CY_FX_RQT_SPI_FLASH_ERASE_POLL is working without any issue? Did you check the return status of CyFxSpiEraseSector() API is CY_U3P_SUCCESS?

Best regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

0 Likes