FX3 SPI FLASH using Adesto FLASH

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jjFrutos
Level 1
Level 1
First like given 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hi,

I am facing some issues with the AT25DF041B-MAHN-T  and the SPI boot option of the FX3 device.

AT25DF041B-MAHN-T shall be a replacement of the M25P40 PN. The issue is that I am able to burn the image into the FLASH but the FX3 is falling into USB boot mode despite PMOD are properly configured.

MISO/MOSI has not any pull up/down resistor and MISO, MOSI, CS# and CLK are properly routed to the FX3, HOLD# ping and WP# are tied VCC (3.3V).

Can someone help me to find the issue?

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Juanjo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Ok,FX3 is compatible with SPI Flash SST25PF040C.

Regards,

Anil Srinivas.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jjFrutos
Level 1
Level 1
First like given 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

I have taken a look at the datasheet of the memory and I found that the PN that we have mounted uses 3 byte-addressing and a dummy byte when Read Data is performed.

Could this the main reason for the issue?

Regards,

Juanjo

0 Likes

Hi Juanjo,

Yes, your are correct read data command not matched 03h with 3 bytes addressing.

SPI flash should support the following commands to support FX3 boot:

• Read data: 03h with 3 bytes addressing
  • Read Status register: 05h
  • Write Enable: 06h
  • Write data (Page Program): 02h
  • Sector Erase: D8h

Please go through the below link which speaks about the SPI Flash compatibility and the command set:

Selection of SPI Flash Compatible with FX3/CX3/FX3S/FX2G2/SD3/SD2 and the Recommended Cypress SPI Fl...

Regards,

Anil Srinivas.

0 Likes

Hi Anil,

Ive been looking for a PN replacement, I think this SPI memory is compatible with the FX3 device.

Can you confirm it?

http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/20005397C.pdf

Best Regards,

Juanjo

0 Likes

Hi,

Ok,FX3 is compatible with SPI Flash SST25PF040C.

Regards,

Anil Srinivas.