FX3 SDK 1.3.4 with different version of ARMGCC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaAs_4528471
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hi, I need to be able to compile across Mac OS and Linux using the same version of arm-none-eabi-gcc.

The FX3 SDK 1.3.4 .tar includes version 4.7.2 (yagarto) on Mac and version 4.8.1 (ARM) on Linux.

Does cypress support using the same version compiler across both OS typer by, for example, using the GNU Toolchain | GNU-RM Downloads – Arm Developer?

I know it is technically possible, but I would like to understand the implications of this choice from Cypress's perspective in terms of stability and support.

Thank you for your time.

0 Likes
1 Solution
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Hello,

We are using the same compiler version on Windows and Linux. We used a different compiler on MacOS because a CodeSourcery release of GCC was not available for this platform. There should not be any issue with migrating to another gcc version on any or all of these platforms. None of our code makes use of any compiler version specific features. If very new compiler versions are used, there is a possibility of compiler warnings getting generated (due to new checks added).

Regards,

Sridhar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies