[FX3] I2C Fails to Run

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mahac_4159481
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am working with the FX3 Superspeed Explorer kit. I was working on modifying the AN75779 application note to work with the OV5640 from Omnivision. Everything was working fine and then suddenly I2C stopped working, without me making any changes to the I2C functionality. Are there any known issues with the I2C component of the FX3 device that could cause it to stop generating any clock or data? I checked the voltage test points and the resistors and nothing appears to have gone wrong at either of those points. Nothing looks visibly damaged on the board either. Even with the stock AN75779 firmware with no modifications the device doesn't even attempt to send an I2C command.

I'd appreciate any help in additionally trying to debug why the FX3 will no longer generate any sort of I2C. Other signals I have it generating do function correctly and as expected (RESET and XCLK which are both on CTL pins remapped to simple and complex IO)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

If the Slave did not respond from the start that is when the preamble (with Slave address) is sent, then you may get CY_U3P_ERROR_TIMEOUT.

If the transfer is going on and the SDA has gone low when it should not/in case of clock stretching, then you are likely to get CY_U3P_ERROR_LOST_ARBITRATION.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies