[FX3] How to Test UAC Example?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HuYa_4249091
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi, I'm studying the technique for USB Audio Class.

I found a UAC example under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\uac_examples".

After I built & flashed it into my FX3, I could find it as audio device on Windows.

FX3 audio device.jpg

However, I don't know how to test it...

There is completed tutorial document for UVC, which includes the test procedure on Windows:

UVC APP example.JPG

Please teach me how to test the UAC example(maybe by VLC player, but the procedure is?).

By the way, is there any tutorial for UAC like UVC?

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

We do not have an Application Note or tutorial for UAC like UVC.

The UAC example in FX3 SDK can be tested by using the Application Audacity. For testing, the following needs to be done:

1. Load the SPI flash connected to FX3 device with the Audio File. As you might be knowing, the audio file loaded into SPI flash is streamed over Isochronous endpoint to host by this example.

2. Program the device with the example project.

3. Use the audacity app to play the stored audio file.

The example is compliant to UAC specification. Please refer to the UAC specification before making any modifications or enhancement on this project. 

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello,

We do not have an Application Note or tutorial for UAC like UVC.

The UAC example in FX3 SDK can be tested by using the Application Audacity. For testing, the following needs to be done:

1. Load the SPI flash connected to FX3 device with the Audio File. As you might be knowing, the audio file loaded into SPI flash is streamed over Isochronous endpoint to host by this example.

2. Program the device with the example project.

3. Use the audacity app to play the stored audio file.

The example is compliant to UAC specification. Please refer to the UAC specification before making any modifications or enhancement on this project. 

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

Dear Jayakrishna:

Thanks for your reply!

I've studied the uac_examples.

I just want to test the audio solution, so I ONLY modified the CyFxUacAppThread_Entry() in uac_examples to send constant data to PC such as 0, 0xFF, 0, 0xFF...

Modify CyFxUacAppThread_Entry func.jpg

It seems that it's OK, and I can RECORD the audio by Audacity APP:

Audacity for 0 255 0 255.jpg

After RECORD it, I can PLAY  to show audio by PC speaker.

Is there any way to present the audio at real-time? (It means that the PC speaker play FX3 audio concurrently.)

Thank you!

0 Likes
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello,

Please try using VLC media player for playing the audio at real-time. The latest version of VLC media player can be downloaded from the following link:

https://www.videolan.org/index.html

After installation, open VLC media player and go to media -> Open Capture Device as shown below:

JayakrishnaT_76_0-1612260813127.png

This opens a dialog box. Change the Video Device Name to None and Audio Device Name to Micorphone (FX3) as shown below:

JayakrishnaT_76_2-1612260909225.png

After this, click on play button. This should play the audio at real-time.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna