FX3-FMC Explorer Kit; enumerates as Benicia USB Boot Device.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am working on a USB3 FX3 project and I have the design files ready for FX3 a slave FIFO image and a for FPGA a master bitstream.

I cannot establish communication and test my system. The jumpers are  as follows:

for the Spartan 6 SP601: 

• FMC JTAG 1-2 shorted -I will use ChipScope- 
  •     
  • Also tried with FMC JTAG 2-3 shorted.
  •     
  • M0,M1 to OFF
  •     
  • J15 shorted
  •     
  • GPIO DIP SW8 all ON
  •     
  • J16 OPEN
  •    

for the fx3 explorer kit

• J5 open
  •     
  • J2 short
  •     
  • J3 short
  •    

With the devices connected with the interconnect board I power on both devices:

SP601 with the switch ON while connected to a JTAG USB 2.0 for programming bitstream from IMPACT and monitor through ChipScope.

FX3 Explorer Kit just plug in the USB3.0.

Problem:

The device does not enumerate according to the image or does not enumerate at all! If it is connected to the FPGA-FMC the device enumerates as " Benicia USB Boot Device".  I cannot program it when connected as it does not enumerate. For that reason I programmed FX3 I2C EEPROM with my image and then removed the J4 so to boot from EEPROM instead of USB , and fallback to USB if necessary. It also enumerates as " Benicia USB Boot Device" either programming  through RAM -J4 short- after re-enumeration or through I2CEEPROM boot -J4 open-. The result is that I do not have access to the device endpoints according to my firmware. 

For double checking I downloaded your AN84868 project files and checked the communication with those files but unfortunately with the same results. I need advice.

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Reply