FX3 - Exit Standby Mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hida_4040201
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hello,

I am evaluating FX3 for a new device we are developing. Our device is battery powered so low power mode is crucial.

I want a simple wake-up on GPIO interrupt. The datasheet (page 11) has a section describing the sleep modes and the exit methods.

The screenshot below shows the Standby Mode (L3) which I am interested in. In the exit methods (right most column) there is no mention for GPIO interrupts.

pastedImage_0.png

The technical reference manual (page 277) for the FX3 states that GPIO[44,47,34] can wake-up the device from standby mode.

pastedImage_2.png

I just want to make sure that the above mentioned GPIOs can indeed wake-up the device from standby mode. Or I am missing something ?

If that is the case then I think the datasheet is misguiding a little. It should either enumerate all the exit methods or state that more methods are shown in the Technical manual.

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

The GPIO pins 44, 47 and 34 have special meaning in FX3S as Card Insertion, S1_SD1 and S0_SD1 respectively and function as wake-up sources for the stand-by mode. But, in case of FX3, these are normal GPIO pins and cannot be used as a wake-up source. The UART-CTS pin can instead be used.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

The GPIO pins 44, 47 and 34 have special meaning in FX3S as Card Insertion, S1_SD1 and S0_SD1 respectively and function as wake-up sources for the stand-by mode. But, in case of FX3, these are normal GPIO pins and cannot be used as a wake-up source. The UART-CTS pin can instead be used.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Thank you, although disappointing for my application. Didn't want to believe that it didn't have GPIO wake-up.

0 Likes