FX3 Driver Windows 10 Error (Code 48) with Driver 1.2.3.20

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
chsa_1386846
Level 1
Level 1

I've been receiving the following windows error on both the Superspeed Explorer Kit and custom hardware using the same CYUSB chip:

"The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

There have been numerous posts showing people having this issue in the past and it was typically resolved by installing the latest driver, 1.2.3.20. For my purposes, this has not been adequate to mitigate this issue.

• I've received this same issue on 2 PCs, both having Windows 10 with version 1809 (10.0.17763.503).
  • I've tried reinstalling the cypress SDK.
  • I've tried using old drivers including 1.2.3.14 and 1.2.3.9 without any success.
  • I've reinstalled (manually) the latest driver (1.2.3.20).
  • I've also completely reformatted my computer with no success.

Also, I was previously able to connect to these devices with my PC but am no longer able to.

Has anyone else had this issue or know of a work-around?

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

I was able to sort out the issue. I was incorrectly installing the driver. I had to point to the driver folder that included both the x86 and x64 drivers instead of either of them individually.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

It looks like you have not done any changes to CyUSB3 driver files. Isn't it? Please confirm.

If you haven't done any changes to the driver, can you please share the log: C:\Windows\INF\setupapi.dev.log

0 Likes

I was able to sort out the issue. I was incorrectly installing the driver. I had to point to the driver folder that included both the x86 and x64 drivers instead of either of them individually.

0 Likes

Thank you for the update.

0 Likes