[FX3] Designate the path for linker script files?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HuYa_4249091
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi, I've studied the doc and knew how to modify the
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\fw_build\fx3_fw\fx3.ld
to reallocate the memory mapping. It works!

However, it could affect other projects which don't need to modify the fx3.ld.
How to designate the fx3.ld path by some project's setting?
PS. I've searched that in Project Explorer -> click right button on designated project -> Properties -> C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols, but still cannot find it yet...

Any help will be highly appreciated!
Hughes

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hello,

We would recommend you to duplicate the fx3.ld file, rename it and make the changes you want and save it. Then in the properties of that firmware project, Go to Settings under C/C++ Build. Then go to General under the Cross ARM Linker. There you will find the script files box, there remove the previously present .ld file, and attach the path to your new .ld file. I have attached the snippet of the project settings for your reference.

Best Regards.

AliAsgar

View solution in original post

1 Reply
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hello,

We would recommend you to duplicate the fx3.ld file, rename it and make the changes you want and save it. Then in the properties of that firmware project, Go to Settings under C/C++ Build. Then go to General under the Cross ARM Linker. There you will find the script files box, there remove the previously present .ld file, and attach the path to your new .ld file. I have attached the snippet of the project settings for your reference.

Best Regards.

AliAsgar