Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
NathanLE
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello ! 

I am actually working on Lattice USB3 video bridge devkit which used Cypress EZ-USB FX3. 

I try to  download a firmware on it but I have an error log : "Bootloader is not running. Please reset your device to download firmware." Reset the device don't change the problem and don't know where It come from. 

I need help please. 

Nathan 

0 Likes
1 Solution
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi Nathan,

All PMODE pins are not connected to ground, instead they are 0F1,which is configured for SPI boot with USB fallback.

To run the bootloader,

Either,
1.Write to the SPI flash such that the present firmware image gets corrupted and FX3 falls back to USB boot.

Or,
2. Modify the PMODE pins such that it is configured to F11 which is USB boot.

Kindly refer to https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an76405-ez-usb-fx3-fx3s-boot-options for boot options on FX3.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
AliAsgar

Hi Nathan,

Could you let us know the PMODE configuration on FX3?
Is FX3 being programmed with an FX3 SDK example project? If yes, which one?

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
NathanLE
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

About PMODE configuration on FX3, all the pin are connected to the ground (see PDF attached).  It is impossible to reach these pins on the Lattice DVK. The only pins reachable are JTAG pins of the cypress and FPGA.

I have flashed a firmware named CyBootProgrammer, in Lattice USB 3.0 Video Bridge Configurator (program folder) with this program. 

Thank you,

Nathan 

0 Likes
AliAsgar

Hi Nathan,

All PMODE pins are not connected to ground, instead they are 0F1,which is configured for SPI boot with USB fallback.

To run the bootloader,

Either,
1.Write to the SPI flash such that the present firmware image gets corrupted and FX3 falls back to USB boot.

Or,
2. Modify the PMODE pins such that it is configured to F11 which is USB boot.

Kindly refer to https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an76405-ez-usb-fx3-fx3s-boot-options for boot options on FX3.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes
NathanLE
Level 1
Level 1

I have change PMODE configuration with resistor and i have flash the good firmware. 

Now it work!

Thank you.

0 Likes