FX3 Boot Programmer Device Not Found

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
zeLu_283996
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

I designed a board has the same schematics as CYUSB3KIT-003.

When I connect the board to my PC and opened Control center, it shows:  Cypress FX3 USB BootLoader Devices.

all the information for the board is exactly the same as which of CYUSB3KIT-003.

When I program the board to RAM, it shows: Programming succeeded, but the computer alerts:  USB device can't recognize

I deconnected the board and connected again, try to program to EEPROM, it first shows: "waiting for Cypress Boot Programmer Device to enumerate", and then "Cypress Boot Programmer Device Not Found"

I'm sure the Pmod[2:0] set as:  "F11" and  the the "CyBootProgrammer.img" file is at

C:\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\application\c_sharp\controlcenter

I tried to program  "CyBootProgrammer.img" to the RAM directly, It succeeded, and  it shows:  "Cypress  FX3 USB BootProgrammer Device" in the control center window.

When I tried program CYUSB3KIT-003 board following the same procedure as above, it works successfully.

I searched community froum, there are some similar question, but no answer for mine.

any one can help?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

My own board

(myboard)

First plug in

(pic1)

Program .img file to RAM

(pic2)

Succeeded, but no device shown

Re-plug in the board and write to EEPROM

(pic3)

No programmer device found

(pic4)

Re-plug and Program  "CyBootProgrammer.img" to the RAM, succeeded

(pic5)

Re-plug and program to EEPROM

(pic6)

Program EEPROM succeeded

(pic7)

Disconnect PMOD0 jumper and re-plug in, everything is fine

(pic8)

interestingly, some of my USB ports work and some don't., change a laptop, some work and some don't, too.

I hope this is helpful to others

Zen

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
zeLu_283996
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

Hi,

I tried first to program "CyBootProgrammer.img" to the RAM , unplug the board and replug in again, then program to EEPROM, 4 out of 10 times can succeed.

by the way.

when I tried   FwDownloadAPP.exe, it asks for MSVCP90.dll,  when put the file to the folder and run again, it shows: Run time error: R6043 .....", so totally failed.

Although 4 out of 10 is not too bad, I still hope can find a more efficient way.

0 Likes
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello,

When I program the board to RAM, it shows: Programming succeeded, but the computer alerts:  USB device can't recognize

I deconnected the board and connected again, try to program to EEPROM, it first shows: "waiting for Cypress Boot Programmer Device to enumerate", and then "Cypress Boot Programmer Device Not Found"​

--> Can you please share screenshots of the device manager in both the cases?
1.) When you get the USB device can't be recognized.

2.) When you get the Cypress Boot Programmer Device Not Found.

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

My own board

(myboard)

First plug in

(pic1)

Program .img file to RAM

(pic2)

Succeeded, but no device shown

Re-plug in the board and write to EEPROM

(pic3)

No programmer device found

(pic4)

Re-plug and Program  "CyBootProgrammer.img" to the RAM, succeeded

(pic5)

Re-plug and program to EEPROM

(pic6)

Program EEPROM succeeded

(pic7)

Disconnect PMOD0 jumper and re-plug in, everything is fine

(pic8)

interestingly, some of my USB ports work and some don't., change a laptop, some work and some don't, too.

I hope this is helpful to others

Zen

0 Likes

Hello zen,

Can you please share USB traces using Wireshark when you are trying to directly clock on I2C EEPROM option in the control center?

Also, can you share screenshot of the Windows Device Manager when you receive the Cypress BootProgrammer Device Not Found message?

I will need to check if the device enumerated under other devices after driving binding failed.

Also, can you share the UART debug prints when you are trying the EEPROM programming using control center?

Please share the above so that i can review them and get a better understanding.

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes