FX2LP CDC CLASS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gean_3054931
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hello,

I have implemented CDC USB class in fx2lp.I have programmed to program->fx2->64k EEPROM.when its programmed to eeprom,its detecting as USB SERIAL PORT under COM PORT.

Again i need to program this fx2lp device,but its not detecting in the default control center.

what is the possibility to program this device again?

regards,

geetha.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Geetha,

When the large EEPROM is programmed with a firmware that does not have a vendor interface ( binding to CYUSB3 driver ), the Control Center cannot access the device. In order to recover the device, a small EEPROM (single byte address) with 8 bytes of data starting with 0xC0 can be connected on the I2C bus with its address lines set to 000. This would enumerate the device which can be bound to CYUSB3 driver and the large EEPROM can be updated therafter.

In order to avoid this procedure in the future, implement an additional vendor interface on the device. Define a custom vendor command to send data to the large EEPROM to reprogram it.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Geetha,

When the large EEPROM is programmed with a firmware that does not have a vendor interface ( binding to CYUSB3 driver ), the Control Center cannot access the device. In order to recover the device, a small EEPROM (single byte address) with 8 bytes of data starting with 0xC0 can be connected on the I2C bus with its address lines set to 000. This would enumerate the device which can be bound to CYUSB3 driver and the large EEPROM can be updated therafter.

In order to avoid this procedure in the future, implement an additional vendor interface on the device. Define a custom vendor command to send data to the large EEPROM to reprogram it.

Best regards,

Srinath S

Hello shrinath,

can i implement CDC class and vendor class in the same descriptor file?

fx2lp slavefifo example is in vendor command,what did you mean by custom vendor commmand?

regards,

geetha.

0 Likes

Hello shrinath,

As you said,

implement an additional vendor interface on the device. Define a custom vendor command to send data to the large EEPROM to reprogram it.

->can you give any example related to this scenario?

how can i define vendor command in CDC class?

regards,

geetha.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello Geetha,

- Please find the attached project that has got a CDC interface and a vendor interface.

- I have defined a vendor command 0xAB to write to the double byte EEPROM (large EEPROM) using the Control Center.

- For the first time, the device comes up as a USB Serial Device under the 'Ports' section and an unknown device under the 'Other devices' section. The unknown device has to be forcefully bounded to CYUSB3 driver.

Best regards,

Srinath S