EZ USB Suite "skips" building project.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_4012861
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I am just starting to play around with CY7C68013A. I have a very simple board and I am trying to build Bulkloop_SDCC template project. I am very confused when I try to build this project. I get many errors when I open any of the .c file in the projects (as long as I don't take a look at the code not error shows up). When I try to build it, it builds it very quickly.

here is the console: (the project name is "projectName")

16:05:23 **** Incremental Build of configuration Release for project projectName ****

make -k

Building file: ../EZRegs.c

Invoking: SDCC Compiler

make: Interrupt/Exception caught (code = 0xc00000fd, addr = 0x4227d3)

16:05:24 Build Finished (took 189ms)

I don't really know what's going on. I am very new to this subject. Can you advice?

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

FX2LP projects do not use EZ USB suite. You should use keil uvision2 to build project for FX2LP.

You can download keil IDE form this page:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy3684-ez-usb-fx2lp-development-kit

Regards,
Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
YiZ_31

Hi,

FX2LP projects do not use EZ USB suite. You should use keil uvision2 to build project for FX2LP.

You can download keil IDE form this page:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy3684-ez-usb-fx2lp-development-kit

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes

Hi,

Firts of all. Thanks for your response.

I know keil has some limitation in terms of program size and I don't want to pay for the full version of Keil because it's very expensive. What are the other options for developing software for this controller?

Thanks.

0 Likes
YiZ_31

Hi,

Keil is the official programming tool for FX2LP, we do not supply other options. I'm afraid I can not give you suggestion on this.

Regards,

Eddie

Is there any other processor that supports hi-speed USB interface and other development environment that doesn'T have any limitations?

0 Likes
YiZ_31

Hi,

We have FX3 supports Super-speed USB interface, EZ USB Suite is designed for it. We do not have similar device only for USB 2.0 except of FX2. Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Eddie

0 Likes