EZ USB FX3S eMMC 5.1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kipac_3825021
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I am trying to interface FX3S with SDINBDG4-8G by SanDisk, which is an eMMC 5.1 compatible memory. From the spec, FX3S supports up to 4.4 but JEDEC Standard says its backward compatible to previous eMMC versions. Do I need to change anything in the code in order to do this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Please configure the IO Matrix correctly - SPort Mode as CY_U3P_SPORT_8BIT and ensure the hardware connections are proper.

You may use CyFx3DevIOIsSib8BitWide API to confirm 8bit mode.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Yes, It is good to check with Sandisk whether SDINBDG4-8G is backward compatible with 4.41 eMMC then go ahead.

If it supports 4.41 eMMC, you do not need any change in the code.

0 Likes

Hi srdr,

Thank you for the quick response. I just tried it, it seems to work fine when using 1 bit dataWidth. But with 4 bit dataWidth, I was only able to read. Card did not respond to any write operations. With 8 bit, it fails to do either. Also, in order to make to work with 1 bit, I had to set the max frequency to 26Mhz.

0 Likes

Sorry, Ignore what I just wrote. I was able to get it working at high speed on both 1 bit and 4 bit mode. the 8 bit mode continues to be the problem. 

0 Likes

Please configure the IO Matrix correctly - SPort Mode as CY_U3P_SPORT_8BIT and ensure the hardware connections are proper.

You may use CyFx3DevIOIsSib8BitWide API to confirm 8bit mode.

0 Likes