EZ-USB-FX3 hardware implementation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi everybody,

I’m an electronical engineering student in France. I’m using a FX3-USB development board in order to transmit an image sensor data to my computer. The EZ-USB-FX3 is the best way to do that however I would like to implement the FX3 directly on my own development board. I used to search on your website and throught the differents datasheets but I didn’t find any schematic which can help me to achieve my project. Could you give me some informations about the schematics please.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hi mickael,

You may need to refer the applicaiton note AN75779 for the FX3 camera design.

AN75779 - How to Implement an Image Sensor Interface Using EZ-USB® FX3™ in a USB Video Class (UVC) F...

Let me know if you have any question.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hi mickael,

You may need to refer the applicaiton note AN75779 for the FX3 camera design.

AN75779 - How to Implement an Image Sensor Interface Using EZ-USB® FX3™ in a USB Video Class (UVC) F...

Let me know if you have any question.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, I already read the AN75779 but I would like to develop a development board with OrCad Capture so I would like to know if you have the EZ-USB-FX3 Design references ?

0 Likes

Hi Mickael,

Cypress could proivde .dsn file or .brd file of CYUSB3KIT-003. However, we could not provide you with the .dsn file or .brd file of the sensor board. You need to refer our resource and design you own board.

lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I understand so could you provide the .dsn and .brd files from the CYUSB3KIT-003 or tell me where to find these references

0 Likes

Hi Mickael,

If you just want to interface a camera with FX3(without any ISP/FPGA), then you could refer to the CYUSB3KIT-003,

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cyusb3kit-003-ez-usb-fx3-superspeed-expl...

As for the camera end, you could buy a camera module or design it by yourself. We don't cover this part.

You may also need some complex design which needs ISP or something else. You could refer to the link below. I find it includes the .dsn and .brd file.

http://https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-14701

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

In fact I already done the camera interface which send me 14bits raw data with signal control and I want to use the FX3 to send this to the Pc so I need to implement only the FX3 on the board as you can see on the attached picture.

0 Likes

So I think CYUSB3KIT-003 is the most useful one.....

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have the FX3 121 bump pinout ?

0 Likes

I am sorry but what is bump pinout?

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, it’s the FX3 pinout

0 Likes

Pinout is in the datasheet.

0 Likes