Cypress fx3 USB Bootloader Device blocked

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Rohanth
Level 4
Level 4
First like received 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Dear Team,

I'm Rohanth working in HTIC I'm using ECXRK5064 board. While trying to program this it not detected in my system . when I check this if found some error in driver says "(Code 48)" I don't know what it is. kindly someone reply what it is and how to solve.

Thankyou & Regards, 

Rohanth

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

After a meeting with the customer, the issue was resolved by following the steps given below:

1.  Uninstall all the drivers bound to the FX3 device:

right click on the device in the device manager-> uninstall device->  check the box that says delete the driver software for this device -> uninstall.

JayakrishnaT_76_0-1621834105299.png

2. Reset the device

3. Repeat the procedure until the device comes under other devices section as shown below:

JayakrishnaT_76_6-1621834259419.png

4. Manually bind the device to the driver in FX3 SDK.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

10 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello Rohanth,

I could not find any info on ECXRK5064 over web. Can you please share more details on this board or the link to the website?

In addition to this, please let me know the following details:

1. Which driver is used for binding the device to the host? Is it cyusb3.sys? If yes, please let me know the version of driver used. This can be found inside cyusb3.inf file.

2. Did you manually bind the device? Or did the driver installed automatically?

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
Rohanth
Level 4
Level 4
First like received 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Dear Jayakrishna, 

Check the product link below, This what I have now. The driver is not installed automatically and I downloaded the version 1.2.3.20 which is dated on 11/08/2017. I installed it manually even now I get this error kindly check for that.

Regards,

Rohanth 

0 Likes

Hello Rohanth,

I did not find the product link in your previous response.

Also, please let me know from where was the driver downloaded? Did you use the driver that comes along with FX3 SDK? Or was it downloaded from some other source?

In addition to this, please refer to the following threads where similar issue was discussed before:

https://community.cypress.com/t5/USB-Superspeed-Peripherals/FX3-Driver-Windows-10-Error-Code-48-with...

https://community.cypress.com/t5/USB-Superspeed-Peripherals/FX3-Driver-Windows-10-Error-Code-48-with...

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hello sir,

Sorry I forget to past the link 

link "https://www.e-consystems.com/CX3-Reference-Design-Kit.asp"

This kit is what I'm using, I downloaded the driver cypress website and I also tried USB driver installed none of this is working. finally I switched to  another computer  for this purpose. Kindly suggest some solutions for this problem. 

0 Likes

Hello,

As per my understanding, you are using Denebola RDK. Please correct me if my understanding is not correct. 

Please let me know if the you used the driver that comes along with FX3 SDK was used or not for binding the device to the host. If this driver was not the one used, then please download the FX3 SDK from the following link:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

After downloading and installing the SDK, the driver can be found in the following location provided you are using a Windows 10 PC:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver\bin\Win10

Now, please connect the device to host and try the following steps:

right click on the device in the device manager-> uninstall device->  check the box that says delete the driver software for this device -> uninstall.

JayakrishnaT_76_0-1621415762225.png

2. Reset the device

3. Repeat the procedure until the device comes under other devices section as shown below:

JayakrishnaT_76_1-1621415813214.png

In addition to this, please let me know if the device got properly bound to the driver when you tested with another computer or not.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Yes the device is now working properly in another computer but not in my computer,

I hive tried the above procedure previously still its not working let me try it again.

Thankyou  

0 Likes

Hello,

Please confirm that you used the driver that comes along with FX3 SDK for binding the device to host when you did the tests.

Also, please let me know the difference between the working and failing PC. Are both of them Windows 10? What is the OS version?

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hello Sir,

The driver didn't come with the fx3 SDK , I installed using this " CypressDriverInstaller_1 " .(for both PC)

The working PC " windows 10 pro, version: 2004, Build :19041.985" 

The failing PC "windows 10 home, version : 2004, Build:19041.985" 

There is no difference.

0 Likes
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello,

After a meeting with the customer, the issue was resolved by following the steps given below:

JayakrishnaT_76_0-1621834105299.png

2. Reset the device

JayakrishnaT_76_6-1621834259419.png

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

Hello sir, 

Thank you for the meeting, I didn't check the check box that says" delete the driver software for this device"  previously, after doing this the driver is working fine. 

Default driver location "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver\bin\Win10",

Use this driver to bind it manually.

Thank you.

0 Likes