Cypress FX3 and BULK Stream

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Do the "BULK Stream" will be available soon?

Or someone has writen an driver that support it ?

If someone did it, can you give me your transfert rate ? (and the USB Controller used)

Thanks !

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Have you look at C:\Cypress\FX3 SDK\firmware\basic_examples\cyfxbulkstreams after installing the SDK?

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I have already trying that, but it's impossible to make it work.

In addition, in the CySuiteUSB3 V1.0.0.B209 ReleaseNotes ( C:\Cypress\Cypress SuperSpeed USBSuite\ReleaseNotes.pdf )
Its written in the third paragraph : "USB3.0 Bulk streaming operation is not supported."

Do you know when it will be available ? In the next rev. ? soon ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had a discussion with our guys

None of the current host stack support bulk stream but the firmware has been tested internally and we know that it works. So you'll most probably have to wait till a host stack which supports bulk stream comes to market.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you explain me where is the problem ?

FX3 firmware, FX3 Driver, or API ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The host stack to which the host side driver should talk to. That is where the problem is.

We've a firmware which we know works. So everything is ready on the firmware side. We've to wait for host to support it.

Going by your thread it seems bulk stream is the only way to meet the requirement for your design. If this is the case then please create a tech support case (MyAccount -> MyCases) so that we also get a proper understanding of the requirement and see how we can help you better.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes