CyUSB Linux Equivalent

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnYa_2483746
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Hi All,

Currently we are using an FX3 chip in our custom PCB and everything seems to work with Windows. Note we are using the CyUSB C# library to communicate with the FX3 device, and our C# application just makes calls to XferData functions for the specific endpoint. This works perfectly.

I have looked at the linux SDK provided by cypress and it has no interface commonalities between it and Windows. The linux side of things uses lib usb but it only seems to have a general wrapper around it, not a fully functioning "driver" like the CyUSB is for Windows.

My goal is to simply take my C# application code and use Mono on Linux to run the same code, ideally. Then i could crate a C# wrapper around any C++ CyUSB for Linux equivalent and make the interface to the driver consistent.

The question is have i missed something and there actually is a fully tested complete driver for Linux that I can simply call like i do with the CyUSB or do i have to do the compatible linux driver plumbing on my own?

0 Likes
1 Solution
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Andriy,

Please refer this and this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Andriy,

Please refer this and this.

0 Likes

First link seems to be broken. And i did read the second post. Im very much new to the USB3 driver hardware interaction. So my confidence in being able to properly write a USB3 driver for linux isnt high even if a wrapper is already provided. Thats the reason for this post, to see if something is already out there that can just be plugged in to nearly replace the CyUSB C# DLL . In software terms something that has similar Interface even if its in C++.

-Andriy

0 Likes

Andriy,

You can ignore the first link since both the links talks about similar context.

We have provided all available resources in the FX3 SDK for Linux. We do not have any additional resources as you asked for.

Please refer source code of example host applications provided with the SDK. This may help you.

0 Likes