CyU3PUsbSendEP0Data returns CY_U3P_ERROR_ABORTED

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the problem, that after a while running system with transferring data through EP2 via sync slave fifo and control communication via EP0 the system stucks.

At this moment I can not communicate over the EP0. The function CyU3PUsbSendEP0Data returns then CY_U3P_ERROR_ABORTED and the call of that API function takes about 2ms (way to long).

I append two lecroy analyzer logs:

1. Transfer_Good.usb: two requests each successful transaction one rq returns two bytes.

2. Transfer_Bad.usb: two requests both the same, should also return 2 bytes but do not. What means defer?

Thanks,

lumpi

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please create a tech support case (MyAccount -> MyCases) so that one of our engineers can look into this.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Hi Lumpi6,

Were you able to get this problem sorted. I have a similar problem that when  I transfer data over EP2 in slave fifo mode and then do control transfers over EP0, the data transfer over EP2 eventually fails. I've hooked up an analyser and just before EP2 transfer fails a  control transfer has taken place - after this EP2 returns an NRDY signal and no more data is transferred over  EP2.

Thanks,

Sodafarl

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lumpi6/Sodafarl,     

Could you please share your source code that is giving the above mentioned issue.     

Thanks,     

Sai Krishna.     

0 Likes
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Hi,

I was able to get my data transfer problem sorted out by replacing the FX3 engineering sample part with a production part. I have replaced this part on three different boards and now no longer see any issues with the data endpoint or control endpoint stalling. I carried out tests with applications that used either the Cypress or Libusb driver. Strangely the Libusb test would not work until I had disconnected the 32KHz oscillator.

Sodafarl

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also recently started seeing this same issue which occurs after many reads and writes on the EP0. While using EP0 I am also using the 32-bit GPIF at full speed. The stall happens on this function call CyU3PUsbSendEP0Data(uint16_t count, uint8_t * buffer); Returns Error Code 72 which I believe is CY_U3P_ERROR_ABORTED. The FX3 has the following markings:

CYUSB3014-BZX
I                 1207
A              33PHI
CYP        607623

I am also openning up a case for this issue.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes