CyU3PDmaMultiChannelCommitBuffer() returns CY_U3P_ERROR_INVALID_SEQUENCE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a sensor Aptina MT9V034 that is configured to run at 60 fps. I used a Cypress FX3 to control the sensor and communicate with an android application which uses UVCCam library.

I use the source code of AN75779 example which is compatible with UVC.

When using a software on pc to read the video from the camera it works fine without a problem.

However on my android application, after getting the frame of camera I do some image processing so my android application processes only around 30 fps (not fixed) and I get occasionally error code 71 which means CY_U3P_ERROR_INVALID_SEQUENCE after calling the function CyU3PDmaMultiChannelCommitBuffer. This error causes the frame sent by camera looks abnormally but until another error of invalid sequence occurs, the frame returns to normal.

As I understand the error is caused by the slow consumption of frame of my android application.

If that is the case which is the best solution to get rid of the error or to handle the error correctly so that I do not have to lower the frame rate of the sensor and the android application's slow consumption of frame doesn't affect the frame sent by the camera ?

Thank you very much.

0 Likes
9 Replies