CyU3PDmaChannelSetupSendBuffer to send user data to host by uvc

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
wyw
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,i used function of CyU3PDmaChannelSetupSendBuffer to send my data of uvc to host,but host camera tools don't dispaly my uvc data,and add part of the code in the attachment as follows.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Thank you for the details.

(1)user data upload to host by UVC interface, camera tools don't display image

>> Please configure the Rx payload field of glProbeCtrl to 16 KB. It is expected that the following field should be greater or equal to DMA buffer size

0x00,0x40,0x00,0x00, /* No. of bytes device can transmit in single payload */

2)dma channel callback function is not been triggered,dma part of configuration as follow:

>> I understand that you are using glUacStreamHandle channel in override mode. In that case, CY_U3P_DMA_CB_CONS_EVENT event is not triggered. You can refer to this KBA  DMA Channel in Override Mode in FX3/CX3 - KBA22909... - Cypress Developer Community  for more details.

3)Application of CDC(USB2Uart),the host has virtual port COM14, but the serial port tool cannot open the serial port.

>> As the query is different from thread description, we request you to create a new thread. This will help the other community members with similar query

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

I understand that you are generating the video frame from FX3 and streaming through the UVC interface of FX3. Is my understanding right?

If yes, please let me know if CyU3PDmaChannelSetupSendBuffer /CyU3PDmaChannelWaitForCompletion returns success. If yes, can you please capture USB trace (using Wireshark) to check if the data is being sent on bus to  host.

You can also refer to cyfxuvcinmem_bulk example firmware of the SDK

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

You are right to understand,the CyU3PDmaChannelSetupSendBuffer /CyU3PDmaChannelWaitForCompletion returns success.

I used Wireshark to capture FX3 USB UVC data on host side, but found that the UVC header format of data is wrong when switch on the starting boundary of each image frame.

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hi,

Can you please share the Wireshark traces and the application firmware for us to check?

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi,thanks.

The project of SDK and part of wireshark trace image in the attachment.

There are a couple of questions need your help:

(1)user data upload to host by UVC interface,camera tools don't display image.

(2)dma channel callback function is not been triggered,dma part of configuration as follow:

dmaCfg.cb = CyFxUacApplnDmaCallback;
dmaCfg.notification = CY_U3P_DMA_CB_CONS_EVENT;

It is application of UAC in project at   attachment.

(3)Application of CDC(USB2Uart),the host has virtual port COM14, but the serial port tool cannot open the serial port.

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

Thank you for the details.

(1)user data upload to host by UVC interface, camera tools don't display image

>> Please configure the Rx payload field of glProbeCtrl to 16 KB. It is expected that the following field should be greater or equal to DMA buffer size

0x00,0x40,0x00,0x00, /* No. of bytes device can transmit in single payload */

2)dma channel callback function is not been triggered,dma part of configuration as follow:

>> I understand that you are using glUacStreamHandle channel in override mode. In that case, CY_U3P_DMA_CB_CONS_EVENT event is not triggered. You can refer to this KBA  DMA Channel in Override Mode in FX3/CX3 - KBA22909... - Cypress Developer Community  for more details.

3)Application of CDC(USB2Uart),the host has virtual port COM14, but the serial port tool cannot open the serial port.

>> As the query is different from thread description, we request you to create a new thread. This will help the other community members with similar query

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hi,the question 1 and question 2 have been solved。

As question 3, I don't understand what you mean,and what should I do? Could you please stamp it in more detail,or how should I change the procedure?

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

the question 1 and question 2 have been solved。

>> Glad to hear that the issue 1 & 2 are resolved

As question 3, I don't understand what you mean,and what should I do? Could you please stamp it in more detail,or how should I change the procedure?

>> Please create a new thread on the community with the issue as the description as the issue is different than the one mentioned in this thread. This will help other community members who see issue similar to this

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

okay,i see。

0 Likes