Couldn't get MT9M114 eva board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nich_4171101
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Hi Sridhar,

I have just checked with onsemi, theAptina MT9m114 image sensor used in the AN75779 reference code is already in EOL. The latest MT9M114 eva board they have is using different interface, which mean there is no way to test out the AN75779 firmware whether can work with MT9M114. Please advise

The MT9M114 eva usd in AN75779:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aptina-MT9M114-55CSP-Demohead-Rev2-Board-CMOS-/283446418824

====Old Mt9m114 eva board====

The connection is similar with the Aptina interconnection board

This model already EOL

pastedImage_0.png

====New mt9m114 eva board======

The connection is diff with the Aptina interconnect board.

This model is still in production

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Yes, FX3 SuperSpeed Explorer kit loaded with AN75779 firmware works with new Aptina board.

The only difference between new Aptina and old Aptina boards is:  1. new Aptina board comes with Samtec connector 2. some LDO are removed

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Hello,

Yes, the older Aptina boards are EOL. Now they came up with a new board with same sensor but a different connector.

Cypress made interconnect board that is compatible for Aptina older boards and FX3 Explorer kits.

i.e. CYUSB3ACC-004 https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cyusb3acc-004-aptina-image-sensor-inter...

Since the new aptina boards are coming up with a different connector, we made a new interconnect board for it.

i.e. CYUSB3ACC-004A it will be available for purchase for customers on Cypress store by August 26th.

Regards,

Sridhar

0 Likes

Hi Sridhar,

Does the AN75779 reference code work on the new aptina mt9m114 with the new aptina board with Fx-3 ?

We may need that for evaluation purpose because now we don't have any workable camera to evaluate the AN75779 reference code.

Rgds

Nigel

0 Likes

Yes, FX3 SuperSpeed Explorer kit loaded with AN75779 firmware works with new Aptina board.

The only difference between new Aptina and old Aptina boards is:  1. new Aptina board comes with Samtec connector 2. some LDO are removed

0 Likes