Compiling FX3 ad9269 example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
mgiacomelli
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 questions asked 25 sign-ins

I downloaded the cyfx3ad9269 example file posted on the forums here:  https://community.cypress.com/t5/USB-Superspeed-Peripherals/how-to-read-asynchronous-data-to-FX3/td-...

Unfortunately, the example doesn't seem to build with the current SDK.  I changed the return value of CyU3PDmaBufferFree as described in the porting guide, and that gets me as far as linking.  That fails with a number of undefined references:

./cyfxbulksrcsink.o: In function `CyFxBulkSrcSinkApplnDebugInit':
C:\Users\user\Workspace\cyfx3ad9269\Debug/../cyfxbulksrcsink.c:102: undefined reference to `CyU3PUartInit'
C:\Users\user\Workspace\cyfx3ad9269\Debug/../cyfxbulksrcsink.c:119: undefined reference to `CyU3PUartSetConfig'
C:\Users\user\Workspace\cyfx3ad9269\Debug/../cyfxbulksrcsink.c:126: undefined reference to `CyU3PUartTxSetBlockXfer'
./cyfxspi_bb.o: In function `CyU3PSpiReadAd9269':
C:\Users\user\Workspace\cyfx3ad9269\Debug/../cyfxspi_bb.c:40: undefined reference to `CyU3PGpioSetValue'
C:\Users\user\Workspace\cyfx3ad9269\Debug/../cyfxspi_bb.c:49: undefined reference to `CyU3PGpioSetValue'

I'm not too familiar with the SDK yet.  Could someone point me in the right direction for getting this building on a modern SDK version?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

This occurs because the required libraries are not linked for the project. I have modified the project with the appropriate build settings to build it using the latest version of FX3 SDK (1.3.4). Please let us know if you are still facing the issue with the attached project.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
lock attach
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

This occurs because the required libraries are not linked for the project. I have modified the project with the appropriate build settings to build it using the latest version of FX3 SDK (1.3.4). Please let us know if you are still facing the issue with the attached project.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes