Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking at all the sample code (and using the SuperSpeed Kit board):

When CyU3PDebugInit() selects the UART as output socket, all the CyU3PDebugPrint() output goes to pin C2 (UART-TX_SPI-MISO).
Is there a way to change that (through the API) into making it go to pin E5 (D!30 / GPIO 48)?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The GPIO 48 will be used as UART_TX when SPI interface is enabled in the code. (Though you are not going to use it anyway)

Please set useSpi = CyTrue; in CyU3PDeviceConfigureIOMatrix to enable SPI and that should help.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Madhu,

Thanks for the information.
Turned out, just setting useSpi = CyTrue was not enough. In fact, when I did that, the FX3 would never come up after programming my firmware to RAM, or at least, it wouldn't enumerate. (I wonder why!)
When I also changed lppMode from UART_ONLY to DEFAULT, my firmware WOULD enumerate and now my UART output indeed goes to the 48 pin!

Then, just to check, with lppMode set to DEFAULT, I again changed useSpi back to CyFalse ... and I STILL got my UART output on pin 48, so apparently, it's the lpp mode, that determines the pin routing!

So far so good, but here's the question:

Is there any documentation of what these magic settings of the IoMatrix actually do, specifically with regards to routing pins.
I checked the API guide, the tech ref, the datasheet .. and I can't find any of this information!

Kind regards,

~ Paul

0 Likes