cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Superspeed Peripherals

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm using the VIA PCIE USB3.0 card and USB3014 DVK to study USB3014.  I installed V1803 driver for the card and the DVK works fine. However, when I upgraded the driver to V3105, the DVK can't work with any firmware. When I downloaded any firmware example by the control center, the DVK can be recognized by the Windows 7 (32-bit), however, it can be started correctly. The device name was displayed correctly with an exclamation signal in windows device manager.

I wonder what is the problem.

Thanks!

Rover

0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rover,

Do you have any USB analyzer to take a look at the USB bus traffic when FX3 DVK is connected to PC.

Please share the USB bus traffic file here (if you have CATC), so that I can take a look at it to find out the root cause of the issue that you are seeing.

Thanks,

Sai Krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It could be a driver signature issue. Please try after disabling Driver signature enforcement while booting the Win7 OS.

Could you also please post the "device status" ( right click on device>properties in the device manager). That should give some insight.

Thanks

Nikhil

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Dear Sai and Nikhil, Thanks for replying. I don't have analyzer to see the traffic. And there is a typo in the previous post. The device could not be started when downloaded firmware by control center. I can be recognized by Windows and the name is shown correctly in the device manager. However, the device manager reported that it could not be started. If I remove the V3105 driver and install V1803 again, it works well. But the V1803 driver always causes system crash(blue screen). I don't think it is a signature issue, since the bootloader uses the same driver and it works. Anyway, I'll try to disable the signature checking. Thanks! Rover   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

that issue is already discussed at a forum post follow link...

http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=167&rID=68008

Up to now there is still no change. I just saw on station-driver.com that a release of version 2.10b was at 31/01/13.

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/viachip.htm

But I have not tried that driver yet.

regards,

lumpi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank Lumpi for the information.

Seems that I have to use V1.9 driver and suffer from the bluescreen issue.

Regards,

Rover

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rover,

you may also can use the 2.10b version I wrote a link in my previous post.

regards,

lumpi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lumpi,

Thanks! I'll try the V2.1 driver. Hope it can work and no bluescreen any more.

Regards,

Rover

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Rover,

how are your experiences with driver 2.1?

thanks,

lumpi

0 Likes