Can't work with VIA PCIE card driver V3105

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm using the VIA PCIE USB3.0 card and USB3014 DVK to study USB3014.  I installed V1803 driver for the card and the DVK works fine. However, when I upgraded the driver to V3105, the DVK can't work with any firmware. When I downloaded any firmware example by the control center, the DVK can be recognized by the Windows 7 (32-bit), however, it can be started correctly. The device name was displayed correctly with an exclamation signal in windows device manager.

I wonder what is the problem.

Thanks!

Rover

0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rover,

Do you have any USB analyzer to take a look at the USB bus traffic when FX3 DVK is connected to PC.

Please share the USB bus traffic file here (if you have CATC), so that I can take a look at it to find out the root cause of the issue that you are seeing.

Thanks,

Sai Krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It could be a driver signature issue. Please try after disabling Driver signature enforcement while booting the Win7 OS.

Could you also please post the "device status" ( right click on device>properties in the device manager). That should give some insight.

Thanks

Nikhil

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Dear Sai and Nikhil, Thanks for replying. I don't have analyzer to see the traffic. And there is a typo in the previous post. The device could not be started when downloaded firmware by control center. I can be recognized by Windows and the name is shown correctly in the device manager. However, the device manager reported that it could not be started. If I remove the V3105 driver and install V1803 again, it works well. But the V1803 driver always causes system crash(blue screen). I don't think it is a signature issue, since the bootloader uses the same driver and it works. Anyway, I'll try to disable the signature checking. Thanks! Rover   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

that issue is already discussed at a forum post follow link...

http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=167&rID=68008

Up to now there is still no change. I just saw on station-driver.com that a release of version 2.10b was at 31/01/13.

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/viachip.htm

But I have not tried that driver yet.

regards,

lumpi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank Lumpi for the information.

Seems that I have to use V1.9 driver and suffer from the bluescreen issue.

Regards,

Rover

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rover,

you may also can use the 2.10b version I wrote a link in my previous post.

regards,

lumpi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lumpi,

Thanks! I'll try the V2.1 driver. Hope it can work and no bluescreen any more.

Regards,

Rover

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Rover,

how are your experiences with driver 2.1?

thanks,

lumpi

0 Likes