Can I debug CX3 via USB or MiniProg3?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_2884081
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi,

I have the e-Con Denebola kit, with CX3 interface. I have followed the documentation to bluid and program a project into the board. Now I want to debug it. I do not have a Segger J-Link or a CY7C65215 USB serial device as recommended in the "EZ-USB Suite User Guide" (EZUsbSuite_UG.pdf), version 1.3.3, section 3.

Is there a way to debug my program through USB? I also have a MiniProg3, can I use that to debug through JTAG pins?

Thanks in advance,

Andrés

0 Likes
1 Solution
Keerthy_V
First like given 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi,

You can use debug the CX3 firmware using UART interface.  You can use the API CyU3PDebugPrint() to print the message logs using UART.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
user_2884081
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

I am also having problems when modifying the CX3 and Sensor (OV5640) registers, and would like some help with that (using the Denebola kit).

0 Likes
Keerthy_V
First like given 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi,

You can use debug the CX3 firmware using UART interface.  You can use the API CyU3PDebugPrint() to print the message logs using UART.

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks keaj, that really helps. But that requires an additional USB connection (one for the video stream, and one for the debugging) and that's perfectly fine for debugging. But is there a way to send other kind of information through the same video stream USB connection?

0 Likes