CYUSB3KIT-003 - how to control low power mode abilities?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
irvac_3453546
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

For my Ux testing I need an ability to control Ux features of FX3 device.

For default config I see:

wU2DevExitLat            : 0x0000 (0 µs)

I need to change this latency. Is it possible? 

Thanks,

Irena

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Irena,

Sorry for the long gap to get back to you. I was not aware that you are asking about Latency Tolerance Message. You can use the FX3 API CyU3PUsbSendDevNotification() to achieve the same.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Hemanth

Hi Irena,

- Can you please which project are you referring when you mentioned 'wU2DevExitLat'?

- Also can you please provide more details of your requirement?

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes

hi Hemanth,

I have EZ-USB® FX3™ SDK kit for my experiments. I need to control an ability of FPGA to enter U2 and U3 states.

For now if I connect FPGA to some HUB it always stay in U0 since FPGA doesn't goes to Ux state.

I've checked the descriptor info and saw that wU2DevExitLat =0. I think this is why FPGA cannot go to low power state.

Hope it's more clear now

Thanks,

Irena

0 Likes

Hi Irena,

The Ux low power modes are for USB device. When you commented - 'ability of FPGA to enter U2 and U3 states', I think you meant the ability of the USB chip connected to FPGA to enter low power states.

In that case, please check if CyU3PUsbLPMDisable() is called in your application. If yes, then make sure it is called only when data transfer is ongoing. In that case FX3 should go to low power modes, provided the requests come from the Host.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes

Thank you Hemanth.

Can I somehow change LTR value that USB chip reporting to xHCI?

Thanks,

Irena

0 Likes

Hi Irena,

I am not sure which LTR value you are referring. Can you please provide more details. And can you please let me know if my previous comment was clear?

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes
Hemanth

Hi Irena,

Sorry for the long gap to get back to you. I was not aware that you are asking about Latency Tolerance Message. You can use the FX3 API CyU3PUsbSendDevNotification() to achieve the same.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes