CYUSB3014--BZXI chip not detected

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, 

I am working on Cypress cyusb3014-bzxi chip. However when I connect it to the computer, I am unable to detect the device. It doesn’t show up anywhere in device manager also. Do I have to do something prior to connecting it with the computer ? I haven’t loaded my code into the chip yet since the device isn’t detected in the first place. Kindly let me know how to proceed ?

Thanks, 

Srivats

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please share your board design files (schematics in .pdf and layout in .brd format). You yourself can check if you are meeting the hardware design guidelines-please refer to "AN70707 - EZ-USB® FX3™/FX3S™ Hardware Design Guidelines and Schematic Checklist": http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an70707-ez-usb-fx3-fx3s-hardware-design-guide... 

Will it be possible for you to share the USB hardware  protocol trace when you connect the device to the PC (it will record the USB bus events)?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using a Cypress FX3 DVK or do you have a custom/3rd party board? 

Please check the voltages on the PMODE pins and ensure that it is set for USB boot (boot settings mentioned in the datasheet).

Please share your board design files (schematics in .pdf and layout in .brd format).

How many boards do you have? Do you see the same behavior on all of them?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Nishant,

I am using just the CYUSB3014 chip in my own design. In fact the design is referenced from a working prototype. I have one board as of now.

Thanks,
Srivats

0 Likes

How do you solved this problem

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please share your board design files (schematics in .pdf and layout in .brd format). You yourself can check if you are meeting the hardware design guidelines-please refer to "AN70707 - EZ-USB® FX3™/FX3S™ Hardware Design Guidelines and Schematic Checklist": http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an70707-ez-usb-fx3-fx3s-hardware-design-guide... 

Will it be possible for you to share the USB hardware  protocol trace when you connect the device to the PC (it will record the USB bus events)?

0 Likes
LiZh_4600321
Level 1
Level 1

Have you solved your problem and how? I've met the same problem , don’t know what to do

0 Likes

Please create the new thread and explain your situation.

If the device does not show up on Device Manager, it might be an issue on enumeration due to your board design or PMODE pins are not set appropriately.

As another Cypress employee mentioned on the previous post, showing the PMODE setting, schematic, USB trace data will be helpful to investigate.

Best regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

0 Likes